I’ll divide the developments into “good news” and “bad news”.
First, the bad news:
– Cap-subject H-1B Visas for the 2008 fiscal year exhausted in a single day
– Senate comprehensive immigration bill fails
– I-140 Premium Processing temporarily suspended
– CIS announces dramatic fee increase effective July 30 (see our link)
– Department of Labor regulation effective July 16 states that: (1) employers must pay for all PERM legal fees and associated expenses, and (2) certified labor certifications will generally expire after 180 days
– Revised DOS Visa Bulletin leaves no EB numbers available until at least October 2007
The good news?
– Nothing recent to report.
Please feel free to comment if I missed any major developments.
On another note, the mainstream press is finally reporting on the July Visa Bulletin mess. Please see the link to the article in the New York Times.